And all along I believed
I would find you
Time has brought
Your heart to me
I have loved you for a
I’ll love you for a
1. I just…I can’t even.
2. A long time ago I wrote in my journal that I knew I was destined for a great love. I didn’t know how it would take shape. It could have been an epic love affair or a world-wide journey, but that was as far as my young imagination would take me. I never knew that all of you and all of the world with its billion sparkling lights could be what you are to me. This song just kills me. KILLS me.
3. Not until I saw this video JUST NOW did I realize it’s on the “Breaking Dawn Part 1″ soundtrack. And for that I am so. Sorry.
4. Please trust me. Do not spend money to watch this movie. And when you’ve pirated it or found it on cable, please drink or otherwise medicate yourself before watching it.
5. Thank you for indulging me in this very personal of indulgences.
6. He makes an herb-walnut stuffing to die for.
I heard the first two lines of this song played as an interstitial on a radio show. I sang them in my head for three days before I finally looked up the lyrics and found the song.
Walk away slowly
You don’t have to take this
In the spaces in between
Sadness on the faces
After listening to the song about 40 times in a row now I still love those first few lines. “You don’t have to take this,” I keep telling myself. Yes. That’s it.
Brady had a temper tantrum during The Amazing World of Gumball before dinner, so he was banned from TV the rest of the night. Instead of all the boys lounging around the TV this evening, then, they all went upstairs to do…whatever they did. I stayed behind and, all OCD-like, cleaned up their toy room. Which I should not do because that is their job but there is only so much I can take.
Kyle drifted through the room just as I was finishing. Clean scapes of floor were visible where none had been 20 minutes earlier. All the LEGO’s were safely in their bin(s), Bey Blades nestled in their arena, workbooks and markers and crayons back where they belong. He didn’t seem to notice. I couldn’t let it go.
ME: Do you notice what I’m doing here?
ME: And do you have anything to say about it?
KYLE: That you did a nice job and you are a good mom. (Grabs a toy, heads upstairs.)
ME: (Calling after him) Yes.